Sunday, March 08, 2009

Been to the desert on a book with no name...

"Hi, I'm looking for this book...I don't remember the name...I know it has something to do with gardening...and it's green...does that help? I need it right away!" This kind of request happens more than you would think, and I am beginning to think it is probably every bookseller's nightmare. Of course you wish you could help, that's why you're there, but it's not always possible. Sometimes you have to send these poor souls away in search of more information. They may cry, they may wring their hands and beg, but you are helpless without at least a part of a title or author, and you kindly try to explain your position; it's all you can do...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was working as a librarian we used to get the same question. At least nobody asked us if we had read "all these books."

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home